LEVEL UNLOCKS: 15 UNLOCKS: patios TIME LIMIT: 7 days PRIZE: make out couch
This quest unlocks patios to begin you need to find the woman wearing the hard hat in the park called Bree. If you complete this quest in the time limit you will unlock the make out couch, you can still complete this quest once the time limit is up to add patios but you won’t get the couch
You cannot complete this quest at the same time as any other discovery quest
Times may vary depending on the star rating the item has
- Talk to Bree- 1 minute (woman in hard hat)
- Ponder in a chair- 2 minutes 24 seconds
- Call a friend- 4 minutes
- Call a cab to the DIY home (select option on a phone)
- Question Bree- 3 hours 30 minutes
- Join Bree for an interview- 18 hours 30 minutes
- Watch the interview at the DIY home- 4 minutes 30 seconds (TV)
- Read the DIY magazine at the DIY home- 9 hours 30 minutes
- Have 2 sims at the DIY home
- Discuss patios with a sim- 10 minutes (select interaction between two sims)
- Present ideas to Bree- 45 minutes
- Measure patio space- 18 hours 30 minutes (go to a sims home and click on the x near the mailbox)
- Finalise the patio plan- 6 hours 30 minutes (talk to Bree)
- Bake pumpkin pie at DIY home- 10 hours (can be started early, doesn’t have to be completed at the DIY house)
- Prepare lemonade at the DIY home- 3 hours 10 minutes (fridge)
- Clean the DIY home- 1 day (cupboard)
- Buy outdoor decorations (spend S5,000- you can buy items such as fire pit, bamboo lamps or garden screens that cost in total at least S5,000)
- Fall asleep in a bath- 2 hours 20 minutes (can be started early)
- Hang out with a sim- 1 day (select interaction with another sim)
- Call Bree- 4 minutes (phone)
- Build a patio (go to the home store and open the patio tab): To build a patio surface, touch and drag on the grass
like building a room, green means you can build, red means that there is something in the way, you can also resize a patio by dragging the white highlighted edges.
And like building a pool you can join patios together.
- Have 3 sims at DIY home
- Have 3 sims party with Bree- 8 hours 30 minutes (outdoor stereo)
- Talk to Bree- 5 minutes
- Have all sims leave DIY home (use the simtracker to send them home)
QUEST IS COMPLETE!
You can now add patios to your houses! Check out my Adding Patios post explaining how to add and customise your patios!
Prize: Make Out Couch
Cost? First one is free after that they cost S7,500 each
Where can it be found? It can be found in the living room section, teens can snuggle (one sim chills out- 8 minutes and the other selects snuggle- 16 minutes) adults can make out (one sim waits for make out partner- 8 minutes and the other selects make out- 16 minutes)
Is it worth it? It’s nice that teens can now cuddle together but it’s a strange prize for this quest! It’s different but I wouldn’t worry too much if you don’t complete in the time limit
Even if you don’t complete the quest in the time limit you will still unlock these patio tables and chairs:
All of these items can be found in the outdoor furniture section and the chairs can also be found in the dining room section
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS QUEST
please read before asking
How do I start this discovery quest?
Find Bree (the woman in the hard hat) in the park to start this quest
Why can’t I do this discovery quest yet?
You cannot do more than one discovery quest at the same time, if you are currently on another one (the list can be found here) you will not be able to do this one until that one is completed
Can I do discovery quests at the same time as a main quest?
Yes you can
Do I have to do this quest?
If you don’t start the quest you don’t have to do it at all but if you have already started it you need to complete it before you can move on to the next quest
I haven’t started this quest yet, will it still be available when I want to do it?
Yes it will be, you can choose to start it whenever you like
How do I call a cab to the DIY house?
Using a phone
What do you mean when you say a goal can be started early?
Any goal that you can normally do can be started early because you will have access to it and any goal that you can’t normally do you will have to wait until you get the goal to be able to complete it
The tip with this method is to put the sim doing that action early in a different house that you cannot go to until you get that goal or it will not work
I can’t complete the goal to buy outdoor decorations, why?
You need to buy from the outdoor decorations section only
How much does it cost to build a patio?
The cheapest is S3,000 for 2×1
I had all sims leave the DIY home but it didn’t complete the goal, why?
Try and have all your sims not doing any action, this sometimes makes the game recognise you have completed that goal
What do I get if I complete this quest in the time limit?
The make out couch
What happens if I don’t complete in the time limit, can I still finish this quest?
Yes you have to finish it to unlock the ability to build patios before you can move onto the next quest
I didn’t complete in the time limit, can I restart the quest?
No, you cannot redo quests
Can I still get the prize if I don’t complete in the time limit?
No, the only way to get the limited time prizes is by completing the quest in the time limit
I don’t like this quest! Can I just skip it?
No, you have to complete this quest before you can move onto the next one now that you have started it, if you don’t start it you don’t have to do it
Some times are slightly different on my game, why is this?
Times may vary depending on the star rating of the item you are using, as the higher star rating an item has the quicker you will complete a goal
Some times are really off/ different goals show for me, why is this?
This will be because the quest has been updated recently, I try my best to keep these posts up to date but it is difficult as I cannot redo every quest each time the game is updated. If you notice any changes please let me know so I can update the post
I have finished this quest but I can’t start the balcony quest yet, why?
You need to wait 24 hours after completing this quest before you can start the balcony quest