LEVEL UNLOCKS: 10 UNLOCKS: baby interactions and musical expressions hobby TIME LIMIT: 5 days PRIZE: infant overalls
To begin this discovery quest you need to find the nanny in the park once you have a baby sim in your town. If you complete this quest in the time limit you will unlock overalls for your infant sims, you can still complete this quest once the time is up to unlock the musical expressions hobby and new baby interactions but you won’t get the overalls
You cannot complete this quest at the same time as any other discovery quest
Note: you need a baby to complete this quest
Times may vary depending on the star rating an item has.
- Meet the Nanny- 1 minute (in park)
- Rant to Nanny Williams- 15 minutes
- Send a sim to an infants home
- Pick up an infant (adult click on infant in crib)
- Relax with an infant on the couch- 15 hours (click on couch)
- Let an infant crawl- 3 seconds (click on the baby while the adult sim is holding them)
- Make an infant crawl (tap anywhere on the ground when controlling the baby)
- Follow obsessively- 6 hours 30 minutes (click on baby)
- Clean infant mess- 12 hours 30 minutes (trashcan)
- Wash garbage off hands- 3 hours 10 minutes (using a sink)
- Ask Nanny for help- 5 hours 30 minutes
- Cry to be picked up (select cry for sim on adult sim)
- Rock to sleep- 1 Day (click on crib)
- Check simbook- 2 hours (using a computer)
- Pick up infant- 9 seconds
- Buy a highchair (infant section of home store)
- Place infant in highchair- 5 seconds (click on highchair) (if you can’t place the baby in the highchair try putting the highchair in the middle of the room with nothing around it)
- Search for soft food in the fridge- 8 hours 30 minutes
- Play with food- 9 hours 30 minutes (baby) (can be started early just start after previous task and you need to go back on the game to complete the previous tasks before this one finishes or it won’t work)
You need to control the baby to do this task so it may be easier to have all other sims in the house busy so the plumbob is over the babies head and you can select the option
- Ask the Nanny where she went- 15 minutes
- Feed soft food- 2 hours 30 minutes (adult needs to click on baby)
- Post photos on simbook- 13 hours (using a computer)
- Ask Nanny Williams to help a friend- 3 hours 30 minutes
- Hug the Nanny goodbye- 3 hours 30 minutes
QUEST IS COMPLETE!
Completing this quest unlocks new baby interactions, these can be found in my Guide to Babies
You also unlock the the Musical Expressions hobby for baby sims which requires a xylophone from the promotions r us store to complete. The time limit for the hobby begins as soon as you complete this quest. The option is 3 hours 10 minutes so I would definitely earn some LPs to try and complete in time
Where can I find them? In the wardrobe for baby sims
Is it worth it? Yes, they are cute and free!
Watch my step by step video of this quest here:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS QUEST
please read before asking
How do I start this discovery quest?
Find the nanny in the park to start this quest
Can I do discovery quests at the same time as a main quest?
Yes you can
I am doing the quest for toddlers and this one at the same time, is that going to cause a problem?
No it won’t as you don’t need to age a baby in the toddler quest
Why can’t I do this discovery quest yet?
You cannot do more than one discovery quest at the same time, if you are currently on another one (the list can be found here) you will not be able to do this one until that one is completed
Do I have to do this quest?
If you don’t start the quest you don’t have to do it at all but if you have already started it you need to complete it before you can move on to the next quest
I haven’t started this quest yet, will it still be available when I want to do it?
Yes it will be, you can choose to start it whenever you like
Do I need a baby for this quest?
Yes you do
I accidentally cleaned up the trash instead of cleaning the infants mess, how do I fix this?
Knock the trashcan over again and select the clean infants mess option
I can’t find any highchairs in buy mode, why?
You need to reach the goal to buy one before you unlock them
I can’t place my infant in a highchair, why?
The back of the highchair needs to be away from a wall or free from objects in the way so they can place the baby in the highchair from behind
What do you mean when you say a goal can be started early?
Any goal that you can normally do can be started early because you will have access to it and any goal that you can’t normally do you will have to wait until you get the goal to be able to complete it
The tip with this method is to put the sim doing that action early in a different house that you cannot go to until you get that goal or it will not work
I can’t get my baby to play with food, why?
The plumbob needs to be over that babies head and you need to click on the baby
Does the nanny stay once the quest is over?
No, she will leave
Why can’t I add a baby?
A crib needs to be placed in the house of a married couple, only married couples can have babies
How many babies can a couple have?
They can have 2 children as only 4 sims can live in a house at one time
How do babies go to the toilet?
They will go in their diaper when they are ready, then you change their diaper to increase their hygiene
What do I get if I complete this quest in the time limit?
Overalls for your baby sims
What happens if I don’t complete in the time limit, can I still finish this quest?
Yes you have to finish it to unlock the musical expressions hobby before you can move onto the next quest
I didn’t complete in the time limit, can I restart the quest?
No, you cannot redo quests
Can I still get the prize if I don’t complete in the time limit?
No, the only way to get the limited time prizes is by completing the quest in the time limit
I don’t like this quest! Can I just skip it?
No, you have to complete this quest before you can move onto the next one now that you have started it, if you don’t start it you don’t have to do it
Some times are slightly different on my game, why is this?
Times may vary depending on the star rating of the item you are using, as the higher star rating an item has the quicker you will complete a goal
Some times are really off/ different goals show for me, why is this?
This will be because the quest has been updated recently, I try my best to keep these posts up to date but it is difficult as I cannot redo every quest each time the game is updated. If you notice any changes please let me know so I can update the post
This quest unlocks the musical expressions hobby, does the time limit start straight away once I have completed this quest?
Yes, the time limit for the hobby starts straight away once this quest is complete, you can click no when the hobby pop up appears but this does not stop the timer going down
Blue footprints appear when my baby tries to use the xylophone, why?
Blue footprints appear when your sim cannot access an item you want them to use, you need to either rotate the item or move an item that has been placed in front of it so they can use it