Early Access to Beta Provided by EA/ Firemonkeys
This latest update brings a new job- police! What is most exciting is this is different from other careers as you can actually go to the police station! As well as build and upgrade new places within it!
In this post I am going to explain how it works, I will create another post later that includes all the upgrades needed to completely build the police station.
How is this career different?
With all other careers in the game, you send your sim to work and you don’t see them for that period of time while they are working. But with this job you can go to the police station with 2 sims and help them during their work day!
When you send a sim to work at the police station sims will enter with bubbles above their heads, you need to click on this bubble and select one of the tasks that appears, the amount of grey sections there are tells you how many tasks you have to complete before you earn the reward that is pictured in the middle of the bubble:
- File Police Report
- Receive Motivation
- Check Police Video
Only one sim can use a workstation at one time (new tasks will be added when you unlock new workstations)
Each time your sims complete a task (that section will turn from grey to green) a police coin bubble will appear above their head, click this and they will earn police coins and XPs, the experience points are towards levelling up, so they will level up quicker than if you just sent them to work.
The rewards are police coins and resources used to upgrade the different workstations at the police station.
Some resources are not unlocked yet, build new workstations to unlock them
Sometimes you may see a question mark appear in the bubble instead of a resource, this is a mystery resource, you will find out what it is when you complete the tasks:
Can I send my sim to work on their own like a normal career? Will they still collect resources?
Yes you can send them to work on their own and they will still level up but they will not collect the resources they get when they help sims.
What are the workstations?
- Training Center
- Front Desk
- Surveillance Van
Once your sim reaches level 6 you can decide which career to specialise them in: either Metro Police or Special Agent, you will need to have a sim as each to be able to unlock the other workstations
- Squad Car- level 6 Metro Police
- Jail Cells- level 7 Metro Police
- K-9 Unit- level 8 Metro Police
- Chiefs Office- level 9 Metro Police
Only the metro police officer will be able to complete tasks to help sims that require one of the workstations above
- Interview Room- level 6 Special Agent
- Sketch Room- level 7 Special Agent
- Forensics Lab- level 8 Special Agent
- Division 51- level 9 Special Agent
Only the special agent will be able to complete tasks to help sims that require one of the workstations above
When you upgrade a workstation the time taken to complete the task will decrease and the amount of police coins and XPs you receive will increase
NOTE: you can only upgrade one workstation at a time unless you are VIP
Reaching Level 6
Once you reach level 6 for the first time a new quest will begin- I say quest, there only appears to be two goals currently. This shows you how to select the speciality for your sim and how to get promoted
Professions: Specialization Training
- Assign a specialist to a level 6 sim- click on the occupations (career) tab, find the level 6 sim and choose either Special Agent or Metro Police:
- Complete a profession badge- check the occupations tab to find out what you need to do to complete this, I had help 3 sims, to complete this I needed to help 3 sims that came into the police station by completing all of the tasks
I have to help important sims to get a badge, who are important sims?
Important sims are the ones with question marks in the bubbles above their heads.
You can access this using the button in the top left hand corner of your screen when you are at the police station
Workplace Overview- here you can see the workstations you have currently unlocked, what level you are on and what resources you need to upgrade them
Storage- this is where you see your current resources collected and on the right hand side is your police coins, the police coins are used to increase your storage if you need to and trade for resources (which is in the next tab)
The simoleon symbol next to the resources in the storage means you can sell resources for simoleons, this might be helpful if you have run out of space in your storage and don’t have any police coins to increase the storage:
Resource Exchange- here you can either spin for resources using simoleons or LPs for the mega spin as well as trade police coins for resources
NOTE: Other sims with this career will go to work but you will not be able to see or interact with them as you can only have two active sims at the police station so I would suggest you send sims who are on the highest level in this career to work first so they can level up faster and complete the tasks that a lower level sim may be unable to do.
Professions Training Quest
Once you have built the police station the Professions Training Quest will begin (there is no time limit to this, you just have to complete it before you can send anymore sims to work at the police station)
It is more of a tutorial than a quest
- Visit the police station
- Send a sim to work at the police station (give them a job at the police station the same way you usually give them a job then click on the suitcase to send a sim to work- select accompany sim to go to the station with them)
- Help a sim at the police station- tap a bubble that appears over a sims head and complete one of the tasks
- Help again at the police station- complete the second task on the bubble
- Check workplace overview (found in the profession menu in the top left on your screen while at the police station)
- Check workplace storage (second tab in the profession menu)
- Help a sim at the police station
- Check the work shift quota- this can be found on the work bar:
- Fulfill special requests- this is a task where the bubble shows a question mark instead of the resource, complete the tasks to find out what resource you will be rewarded
- Trade resources (third tab in the profession menu)
- Upgrade a workstation- click on a green arrow at one of the workstations to get the option to upgrade it
- Complete the remaining work day- either keep helping sims, leave your sim to work or click on the red cross on the work bar to complete shift (this will usually cost you LPs
QUEST IS COMPLETE!
You can now give other sims the police career
Orange Suitcase? Can’t send your sims to work?
This is because you have already sent them to work once today, if you were VIP level 1 you can send them to work at the police station twice in a day (this will cost you 20LPs if you are VIP)
Wait until tomorrow and you will be able to send them to work again without being VIP.
Do I need to be VIP to use the police station?
NO! If you are VIP you can send your sims to work twice a day (VIP level 1), upgrade more than one workstation at a time (VIP level 7) and use the mega spin (VIP level 2)
YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE VIP TO USE THE POLICE STATION
Thanks for reading!
The latest update brings the Movie Star Career to simtown- read this post for more information
Early Access to Beta Provided by EA/ Firemonkeys- may differ from actual version