There are now three profession careers; Police, Movie Star and Medical Staff so I thought it would be a good idea to make a post explaining how these different careers work.
What is the difference between professions and normal careers?
Professions are still careers but you can go with your sim to the workplace and while they are there they help sims to earn resources, these resources are used to build and upgrade areas inside the workplace called workstations.
Professions Training Quest
Once you have built a profession workplace the Professions Training Quest will begin (there is no time limit to this you just have to complete it before you can send anymore sims to work there- and yes you can complete it at the same time as other quests)
It is more of a tutorial than a quest
NOTE: you will only receive this quest the first time you build a profession workplace so when you reach level 6 in another profession it will not appear again, this quest below shows the police profession but it is the same for all professions.
- Visit the police station
- Send a sim to work at the police station (give them a job at the police station the same way you usually give them a job then click on the suitcase to send a sim to work- select accompany sim to go to the station with them)
- Help a sim at the police station- tap a bubble that appears over a sims head and complete one of the tasks
- Help again at the police station- complete the second task on the bubble
- Check workplace overview (found in the profession menu in the top left on your screen while at the police station)
- Check workplace storage (second tab in the profession menu)
- Help a sim at the police station
- Check the work shift quota- this can be found on the work bar:
- Fulfil special requests- this is a task where the bubble shows a question mark instead of the resource, complete the tasks to find out what resource you will be rewarded
- Trade resources (third tab in the profession menu)
- Upgrade a workstation- click on a green arrow at one of the workstations to get the option to upgrade it
- Complete the remaining work day- either keep helping sims, leave your sim to work or click on the red cross on the work bar and then on complete shift (this will usually cost you LPs
QUEST IS COMPLETE!
Once you complete the quest you can send other sims to work there
How do I help sims?
When you send a sim to work sims will enter with bubbles above their heads, you need to click on this bubble and select one of the tasks that appears, the amount of grey sections there are tells you how many tasks you have to complete before you earn the reward (which is a resource) that is pictured in the middle of the bubble:
Each time your sims complete a task (that section will turn from grey to green) a coin bubble will appear above their head, click this and they will earn coins and XPs, the experience points are towards levelling up, so they will level up quicker than if you just sent them to work.
Sometimes you may see a question mark appear in the bubble instead of a resource, this is a mystery resource, you will find out what it is when you complete the tasks:
Does the same sim have to complete all the tasks when they help a sim?
No they don’t
Can I send one of the sims away if I don’t want to help them right now?
No, they will stay at the workplace until you help them
What are resources used for?
Coins are used to increase your storage and trade for resources
Can I send my sim to work on their own like a normal career? Will they still collect resources?
Yes you can send them to work on their own and they will still level up however they will level up slower than if they help sims and they will not collect any resources.
What is the work shift quota?
- Training Center
- Front Desk
- Surveillance Van
Once your sim reaches level 6 you can decide which career to specialise them in: either Metro Police or Special Agent, you will need to have a sim as each to be able to unlock the other workstations
- Squad Car- level 6 Metro Police
- Jail Cells- level 7 Metro Police
- K-9 Unit- level 8 Metro Police
- Chiefs Office- level 9 Metro Police
Only the metro police officer will be able to complete tasks to help sims that require one of the workstations above
- Interview Room- level 6 Special Agent
- Sketch Room- level 7 Special Agent
- Forensics Lab- level 8 Special Agent
- Division 51- level 9 Special Agent
Only the special agent will be able to complete tasks to help sims that require one of the workstations above
- Security Booth
- Golf Cart
- Catering Area
Once your sim reaches level 6 you can decide which career to specialise them in: either Director or Performer, you will need to have a sim as each to be able to unlock the other workstations
- Costume Department- level 6 Director
- Hair and Makeup Department- level 7 Director
- Stunt Set- level 8 Director
- Directors Trailer- level 9 Director
Only the director will be able to complete tasks to help sims that require one of the workstations above
- Audition Room- level 6 Performer
- Voice-over Booth- level 7 Performer
- Film Set- level 8 Performer
- A-list Celebrity Trailer- level 9 Performer
Only the performer will be able to complete tasks to help sims that require one of the workstations above
- Janitor Closet
- Physical Aid
Once your sim reaches level 6 you can decide which career to specialise them in: either Nurse or Doctor, you will need to have a sim as each to be able to unlock the other workstations
NOTE: you can only have one sim as a nurse and one sim as a doctor
- Pharmacy- level 6 Nurse
- Triage- level 7 Nurse
- Radiology- level 8 Nurse
- Ward- level 9 Nurse
Only the nurse will be able to complete tasks to help sims that require one of the workstations above
- General Practice- level 6 Doctor
- Psychiatrist’s Office- level 7 Doctor
- Research Laboratory- level 8 Doctor
- Surgery Room- level 9 Doctor
Only the doctor will be able to complete tasks to help sims that require one of the workstations above
What do you get for upgrading workstations?
Each time you upgrade a workstation one of the following will happen:
- The time taken to complete the task will decrease
- The amount of coins you receive will increase
- The amount of XPs you receive will increase
YOU WILL NOT GET ALL OF THESE UPGRADES EACH TIME, ONLY ONE
Each workstation can be upgraded 20 times
Why do I need to be VIP 7 to upgrade a workstation?
You don’t! If you are VIP 7 you can upgrade two workstations at once, if you aren’t you will need to wait for the previous workstation upgrade to complete before upgrading the next.
Why is it costing me LPs to build a workstation?
This is because you do not have enough resources to build or upgrade the workstation yet, just help sims and collect the resources to be able to build without it costing you LPs
Can I buy another one of each workstation?
No you cannot
How can I earn the resources I need quicker?
Watch this video:
You can access this using the button in the top left hand corner of your screen when you are at the profession workplace
Workplace Overview- here you can see the workstations you have currently unlocked, what level you are on and what resources you need to upgrade them
Storage- this is where you see your current resources collected and on the right hand side is your coins, the coins are used to increase your storage if you need to and trade for resources (which is in the next tab)
What should I do if I run out of storage space?
You can sell any unwanted resources, go to the storage tab and click on the simoleon symbol next to a resource and select the amount you want to sell for simoleons:
Resource Exchange- here you can either spin for resources using simoleons or LPs for the mega spin as well as trade coins for resources
How does the resource spin work?
There are two resource spins:
- Resource spin costing simoleons- available for everyone, click to spin and it will spin and then you can claim your resources
- Mega spin costing LPs- only available for VIP level 2 players, works the same as the other spin but will give you more resources.
NOTE: You can only use both of these every 4 hours unless you pay 4LPs to spin again straight away
How does trading for resources work?
On the left you have the item you are trading and on the right you have the item you will receive for trading, click trade
Reaching Level 6- Specialising a Sim
Once you reach level 6 for the first time a new quest will begin (it isn’t really a quest and yes you can do it at the same time as other quests) It shows you how to select the specialist for your sim and how to get promoted
Professions: Specialisation Training
- Assign a specialist to a level 6 sim- click on the occupations (career) tab, find the level 6 sim and choose one of the two options for that career:
NOTE: you can only have one sim on each of these options
- Fulfil a profession badge- check the occupations tab to find out what you need to do to complete this, I had help 3 sims, to complete this I needed to help 3 sims that came to the workplace by completing all of the tasks
Only one badge can be collected per shift and you need all badges before you will be able to level up in that career
If you don’t manage to complete a badge in a shift the progress for that badge will reset and you will have start again on the next shift (for example, if your task is to help 2 important sims and you only help one, in your next shift it will reset so you will have to help 2 important sims in that shift to get the badge)
Each level requires you to complete more badges, you cannot level up until all the badges have been collected.
- Build a workstation at a profession workplace- if you do not have the right amount of resources it will say it costs LPs to build- just help sims to gain resources and it won’t cost you LPs
Who are the important sims I need to help to get a badge?
These are the sims with question marks in the bubbles above their heads
Reaching Level 10
When you reach level 10 in a profession career you unlock the work outfit in that specialist for a female and male adult sim to wear at any time!
Find them in the wardrobe under outfits once you reach level 10
Orange Suitcase? Can’t send your sims to work?
This is because you have already sent them to work once today, if you are VIP level 1 you can send them to work twice in a day (this will cost you 20LPs still if you are VIP)
Wait until tomorrow and you will be able to send them to work again without being VIP.
Do I need to be VIP to use profession workplaces?
NO! If you are VIP you can send your sims to work twice a day (VIP level 1), upgrade more than one workstation at a time (VIP level 7) and use the mega spin (VIP level 2) but you do not need to be VIP
How do I cancel a work shift?
I have given my sims who I want to specialise in each of the profession careers a platinum orb (read this post if you are unsure how to do that)
You could reverse their ageing (again read the post linked above) when they come to the end of their time as an adult but this is going to cost you a lot of LPs! It may be worth doing this while you are working on getting a platinum orb so you don’t have to start from level 1 with another sim and have to go through the ageing all over again!
How do you level up quicker?
The only way to level up quicker is to go to work each day and help the amount of sims needed to fulfil your work quota each day but you need to remember that each time you level up it will take you longer to reach the next level
If you are trying to complete the movie star career quicker you can use the movie camera from the promotions r store to level them up quicker
TIP: the higher level a workstation is the more career experience points you will to level up quicker
What is the simtown market?
- You can only send two sims to work to help sims, all other sims will be working ‘offsite’ so they will still go to work but you will not see them, like normal careers (even when your level increases you can still only have two there)
- Only one sim can use a workstation at a time
- Important sims are the ones with question marks in the bubbles above their heads
- If you send a sim to work without going with them they will still level up but just slower than if they help sims and they will not earn any resources
- You can only upgrade one workstation at a time unless you are VIP 7
- Each workstation can be upgraded 20 times
- It will cost you LPs to build a workstation if you do not have enough resources, help more sims to collect the resources to build the workstation without LPs
- You can only have one sim in each specialism
- Only the sim in that specialism can use the workstations, for example only the Performer can complete the Film Set actions
- If you are VIP you get some perks but you don’t need to be VIP!
- There is no time limit on completing a profession career and workplace, you can take as long as you like!
Thanks for reading!
Frequently Asked Questions About Profession Careers:
© COPYRIGHT PROTECTED