Early Access to Beta Provided by EA/ Firemonkeys
LEVEL: 17 UNLOCKS: mezzanine floors TIME LIMIT: 7 days PRIZE: mezzanine house
Once you have completed the DIY Homes: Basement of Kings Quest you can then find Bree in the park again to begin this quest (it will take 24 hours for this quest to show once that quest has been completed) If you complete this quest in the time limit you will unlock the mezzanine house template, you can still complete once the time limit is up to unlock mezzanine floors but you won’t get the house template. I am so happy we can finally add indoor balconies!
You cannot complete this quest at the same time as any other discovery quest
Times may vary depending on the star rating an item has
- Talk to Bree- 5 minutes
- Hug Bree- 10 minutes
- Offer to help Bree- 15 minutes
- Phone a cab to the mezzanine house (using a phone)
- Health and safety tour- 1 hour 1 minute
- Identify the hazard (the tiles are the hazard)- 2 hours
- Clean space on second floor- you need to clean up two things:
- Bucket of water- 3 hours 20 minutes
- Ripped rubbish bag- 1 hour
TIP: have two sims to clean these at the same time
- Are we mezzanine ready?- you need to check three walls:
- Check wall- 3 hours
- Check wall- 5 hours 50 minutes
- Check wall- 2 hours
TIP: use three sims to check all the walls at the same time
- Shoo the cat- 4 hours 10 minutes
- Research mezzanines- 5 hours 30 minutes (using a computer)
- Go to a home lot (send your sim home)
- Build a mezzanine- go to the house section and click on the mezzanine button (that is flashing)
To build a mezzanine, touch and drag anywhere WITHIN a room, there needs to be a room below where you want to place the mezzanine:
- Modify a mezzanine- click on the white arrows to drag the mezzanine to resize it:
- Return to the mezzanine house (using the phone)
- Give news to Bree- 5 hours
- Convince Bree- 10 hours (using whiteboard)
- Meet Sue Portive- 6 hours 40 minutes Is Sue in the pool? Have all sims leave the house, force close the game and go back to the mezzanine house without a sim, click on Sue and then bring a sim to this house. You should now be able to interact with her
- Investigate Bree’s work on the third floor- 7 hours 30 minutes (click on the x)
- Calm Sue- 4 hours 10 minutes
- Have 3 sims in mezzanine house
- Clean the third floor- there are four things to clear:
- Bucket of water- 8 hours 20 minutes
- Ripped rubbish bag- 5 hours
- Cans of paint- 3 hours 20 minutes
- Ripped rubbish bag- 1 hour
TIP: use four sims to clean all the mess at the same time
- Cuddle the kitten- 11 hours 40 minutes
- Approach Sue- 3 hours 20 minutes Is Sue in the pool?Have all sims leave the house, force close the game and go back to the mezzanine house without a sim, click on Sue and then bring a sim to this house. You should now be able to interact with her
- Comfort Bree- 6 hours 40 minutes
- Freshen up- 10 hours 30 minutes (shower)
- Have a group photo- 5 hours 50 minutes (click on x)
- Have an interview- 11 hours 40 minutes (Bree)
- Relax by pool using 3 sims on the deck chairs- 16 hours 40 minutes (if you want to speed up this task you have to speed all sims up individually)
- Send sims home- send all sims who are at the mezzanine house home
QUEST IS COMPLETE!
Once you complete the quest you can add indoor balconies (mezzanine floors) to any house you want! If you want more information on how to build mezzanine floors give this post a read!
Prize: Mezzanine House
Where can I find it? In the house templates on both standard and premium house lots
Cost: First one is free, after that they cost simoleons
Is it worth it? If you don’t want to build your own mezzanine house but really want indoor balconies then it is worth completing in the time limit. If you would rather build your own mezzanine floors then there is no rush, I personally will be building my own house!
What is the difference between the standard and premium residence? The only difference is the garden, the house is exactly the same on both
Watch my step by step video of this quest here:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS QUEST
please read before asking
How do I start this discovery quest?
Once you have completed the basement quest you need to wait 24 hours then you can find Bree (the woman in the hard hat) in the park to start this quest
Why can’t I do this discovery quest yet?
You cannot do more than one discovery quest at the same time, if you are currently on another one (the list can be found here) you will not be able to do this one until that one is completed
Can I do discovery quests at the same time as a main quest?
Yes you can
Do I have to do this quest?
If you don’t start the quest you don’t have to do it at all but if you have already started it you need to complete it before you can move on to the next quest
I haven’t started this quest yet, will it still be available when I want to do it?
Yes it will be, you can choose to start it whenever you like
How do I phone a cab to the mezzanine house?
Using a phone
What are the hazards?
The tiles are the hazards
How much does it cost to build a mezzanine?
The cheapest is S4,800 for 2×1
I had all sims leave the mezzanine house but it didn’t complete the goal, why?
Try and have all your sims not doing any action, this sometimes makes the game recognise you have completed that goal
What do I get if I complete this quest in the time limit?
The mezzanine house
What happens if I don’t complete in the time limit, can I still finish this quest?
Yes you have to finish it to unlock the ability to build mezzanines before you can move onto the next quest
I didn’t complete in the time limit, can I restart the quest?
No, you cannot redo quests
Can I still get the prize if I don’t complete in the time limit?
No, the only way to get the limited time prizes is by completing the quest in the time limit
I don’t like this quest! Can I just skip it?
No, you have to complete this quest before you can move onto the next one now that you have started it, if you don’t start it you don’t have to do it
Some times are slightly different on my game, why is this?
Times may vary depending on the star rating of the item you are using, as the higher star rating an item has the quicker you will complete a goal
Some times are really off/ different goals show for me, why is this?
This will be because the quest has been updated recently, I try my best to keep these posts up to date but it is difficult as I cannot redo every quest each time the game is updated. If you notice any changes please let me know so I can update the post