Early Access to Beta Provided by EA/ Firemonkeys (Presented by EA GameChangers)
NOTE: This feature is only available on Apple devices that have iOS12 and an A9 processor
The Sims Freeplay team have worked closely with Apple to create this amazing feature, Augmented Reality (AR) which means you can build houses and place them in real life situations! I was lucky enough to get access to this feature a few days early to try it out and it is absolutely amazing!!
Before you rush of to start there are a few things that you need to know first:
- This feature is only available on Apple devices that have iOS12 and a device running an A9 Processor
- Sims cannot live in these houses but you can bring them to an AR lot to interact with objects
- If they have a pet you can also bring the pet there by clicking on that sim once it has arrived and select bring pet, to send them home click on the pet and select send home
- Interactions completed in AR can be skipped for free so it won’t cost you LP
- You cannot complete goals in AR, send your sims home using the simtracker to complete a task
- You cannot delete an AR space if there are pets or sims there, send them home first, they will stay in AR until you send them home
- You can visit a friend (if they are nearby, via bluetooth) to edit one of their AR lots
- You can completely edit the AR lot like a normal house but all items are free to place in AR!
What devices is this compatible with?
- iPhone 6s and 6s Plus
- iPhone 7 and 7 Plus
- iPhone SE
- iPad Pro (9.7, 10.5 and 12.9) both first and second gen
- iPad (2017)
- iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- iPhone X
- And the latest models
How do I get started?
1.You need the latest update and then head to the town map to find the green cube button under the camera button on the top right hand side of the screen. Click on this:
2.A pop up will then appear saying ‘new’. Also on this page it says ‘visit a friends AR lot’ tap search to find a nearby friend (via bluetooth so they have to be in close proximity) and you will be able to edit one of their AR lots. Friends can edit your house but they cannot interact with any of your sims. The changes your friend makes will be permanent.
3.Click new and then name your AR lot:
4.Hold your device over the surface you want to place the house.
NOTE: it works best on textured surfaces e.g carpets, it has trouble staying still on glossy or flat coloured surfaces- the house tends to slide! You also need to use a place you have access to as your game will need to find that location again to place the house there in future (although it can be relocated)
5.When it has recognised the surface the default house will appear, pinch and rotate to position your home!
TIP: the more orange dots that appear the better that surface is going to be!
6.Click save AR space when you are happy with the positioning
To zoom in you need to move your device closer to the surface the house is on, you can also tilt the screen to see the house from different angles!
Bringing sims to the AR lot
Use the simtracker button to bring sims to this house.
Sims can interact with objects like they would in a normal house but if you want to speed up an action you can do this for free in AR
Bringing pets to the house
Bring a sim who owns a pet to this house and then click on them and select bring pet
Click on the pet and select send home to send the pet back to their own house
The default house (the unfurnished studio) can be deleted completely and redecorated, all items are free to place in this house so you can build the most amazing AR house!
If you want to remove an item from the house click the red cross to delete it, there is no inventory in AR so you cannot store items:
If you want to move the house to a different location click on the button down the left side of the screen or when viewing all the AR spaces click on the settings button in the top corner and select relocate:
Watch my video here to see how this works: