Early Access to Beta Provided by EA/ Firemonkeys- may differ from actual version
Pregnancy has arrived in simtown! Once you complete the Two and a Half Sims Quest you will be able to build the maternity store in simtown (you can find it next to the real estate agency and near the mall) once the store is built this quest will begin! When you complete the quest you unlock pregnancy so your female adult sims will grow a baby bump!
The price for building the maternity store will vary depending on how many businesses you have already built
NOTE: You can only complete one discovery quest at a time
- Have a Doctor explain pregnancies- 30 seconds (call a Doctor using a phone, they will appear at that house so you can select the option)
- Talk pregnancies with a sim- 30 seconds
- Purchase the maternity outfit from the maternity store- black and grey outfit costs 500 maternity tokens
NOTE: your sims can only wear the maternity clothes when they have a baby bump (check out my maternity store post here)
- Place empty crib- buy one from the infant section of the home store
- Start the pregnancy event- for this you need an adult female, this event takes 9 days! Click on the crib and select the pregnancy event option and then select the adult female who you want to become pregnant:
- Select sim icon- click on the pregnancy event button in the corner of the screen then click on the picture of your sim
- View pregnancy daily goals- head back to the pregnancy event tab
Daily goals have to be completed by the pregnant sim, no other sim can complete these goals. Your sim has 9 days of goals to complete, if you don’t complete all the goals each day you will go straight onto the next day and will not earn the baby bonus at the end of the event (keep reading for more information) but you can still earn maternity tokens used to buy maternity clothes and nursery furniture from the maternity store.
- View pregnancy support tasks- head back to the pregnancy event tab
Support tasks can be completed by any sim, you need to complete all support tasks within the 9 day time limit to earn the baby bonus
- View baby bonus- go back to the pregnancy event tab and click on the ‘i’ icon above the picture on the event tab
If you complete all the daily goals every day and all the support tasks you will earn bonuses for that baby, they will earn more experience points when they complete actions, complete actions faster, are not affected by low motives (low needs) and they will have these bonuses for life!
- Complete the pregnancy event
You need to complete all 9 days of daily goals and support tasks to earn the baby bonus, once the 9 days are up the baby will be born. The 9 days symbolise a month a day so once you complete day 3 and start day 4 your sim will reach the 2nd trimester and their baby bump will appear, they will then start wearing the maternity clothes you brought earlier in this quest. Once you complete day 6 and start day 7 they will reach the 3rd trimester and their baby bump will get bigger
I am not going to list all the daily goals or support tasks I had to complete in this post as they will vary for you but you can see all the goals and tasks I completed in my A Bump-y Ride Quest Video here -I will be creating a post for these at some point in the future (sorry I haven’t have time yet!)
If you don’t manage to complete this event in the time limit you will miss out on the baby bonus but the baby will still be born once the 9 days are over- most of the goals are 3-4 hours long so unless you can play all day they aren’t easy to complete in time!
QUEST IS COMPLETE!
Pregnancy has now been unlocked on the crib, so you now have two pregnancy options:
- Pregnancy Event– takes 9 days and you have daily goals and support tasks to complete and earn maternity tokens, after 9 days the baby will be born!
- Pregnancy– takes 6 days but there are no daily goals or tasks to complete, your sim will just grow a baby bump and then give birth after the 6 days!
For more information on Pregnancy in The Sims Freeplay check out my Guide to Pregnancy
Check out my video of this quest and the completed pregnancy event here:
Thanks for reading!
© COPYRIGHT PROTECTED