This is a list of things that Sims Freeplay players would like to see in future updates, if you would like to add something to this list please read it first before posting the same suggestions then leave a comment below!
Stop the bombardment of pop ups when you open the game:
- Stop saying when bingo and competitions are on, they are always on
- List everyone who has to go to work or has finished work together so we don’t have to click on several different pop ups
- More outfits/ clothes/ shoes:
-“because it seems like everytime I get more outfits from completing a quest in the time limit or something it’s just outfits that they deleted from the game in the past”
-Bring back some of the clothes you took away from adults but gave to teens
- More hairstyles:
-‘better hair styles like longer hairstyles and Katniss hair.’ Not just by completing the quest!
- Be able to have more than 4 sims living in one house.
- Be able to have more than 10 sims in one place
- Maybe make sims be attracted to other people like when they see someone they like they have a heart bubble over their head
- Different sizes and body shapes
- Different heights
PregnancyDONE!– maybe even with twins? Different range of face shapesDONE!
- More personalities
- Sim limits should be per level as you get higher up the game
Higher Sim limitDONE!
- Ability for Sims to talk with others while sitting down
Eating with forks, not hands!DONE!
- To be able to create a family, more than one sim at once (like other sim games)
- Changing last names of sims only when married not when roommates
Woohoo on the bedDONE!
- ‘The main think I’d like to see is the sims inspired meters go down while doing certain actions that would qualify. Like when gardening, you would want to clean yourself or relaxing in a pool or long periods of time makes your sim want to have more fun, so that meter would go down.’
- Interact the way they should ‘Like if two sims are married they should randomly kiss or when their both sleeping in one bed, they should snuggle or something’
Sims should change into PJs when they get into bedDONE! Sleep underneath the sheetsDONE!
- Add ability to meet all needs in less than a minute in each of the community lots so you don’t have to send them home to inspire them. For example, it should be simple to add “wash hands” as an option to public restrooms and “eat snack” to the vending machines without having to add additional items.
- It would be nice to have some tasks that take longer than 1 minute when doing relationship building. Maybe something like “have heart to heart talk” that takes 5 or 10 minutes.
- Your sims should have the option to woohoo FOR BABY then the woman would get pregnant as a result of that(or it could sometimes be unsuccessful to make game more interesting, like the sims 3)
More things for teenagers and preteens to do:
- Teenagers and preteens should be able to babysit (so adults can go to work)
- Teenagers should be able to have jobs, maybe at the supermarket
- More things for preteens to do. Toys for them to play with, etc. Why does the spaceship just sit there, why can’t my preteen play with it? Why can’t they play with some of the toddler toys the way they can use the swimming pool?
- Preteens/ teens work at a hourse riding studio
Let more than one sim play the teen idol instruments .DONE!
- Stop preteens skipping.
- There should be the ability for a preteen to be able to carry her/his sibling(etc, a baby or toddler) under supervision of an adult
- Preteens should be able to be romantic to teens and other preteens!
- Be able to play video games on TV
- Letting the toddlers play together with toys, at the sandpit in the community centre.
More things for toddlers to doDONE!
High chairs, walkers, to get them out of their cribsDONE! Able to pick up babies/ carry holderDONE! Babies crawling. DONE!
- Pets should be less money and more variety, also should be more active, could also have a life bar do you can see what they need.
- Be able to walk dogs
-exotic pets like lizards and snakes that you can actually interact with. It should be a hobby
-more breeds of existing ( how about equestrian ?)
More furnitureDONE! Bunk beds!DONE! Making your house a 2/3 storey should not be so expensiveDONE! building pools also should not be so expensive.DONE!
- More decoration/clutter items
- More building lots
- Inside Swimming Pools
- Gates for around front of houses
- Tree houses
- I wish we could save our customized houses as a template, like if we want to make the same house on another land plot we could click the button to make a new house and the saved house would be there. Or that we could move a currently built house to another empty land plot (a bigger one for example).
- More ways to earn money because just planting and baking seem… unrealistic. Part time jobs? In real life, we usually do part-time jobs such as working at a library/restaurant/salon… or babysitting, writing novel…
- Timings to be more realistic, not take so long to do things forcing you to use LP’s.
- The building times and prices go up far too steeply between levels, change this as I feel it would keep people more interested in the game.
- Easier ways to earn money
- I want to be able to queue actions. By that I mean some things have to be done at certain times. Mainly sims job start times. That conflict with real life schedules. I want to be able to tell it to send my sim to work at that time when I am able to play the night before or what not. But this can also be a do this now and then this after. Like how the PC game we could queue 5 or 6 tasks. That would be beneficial for short tasks such as needs maintenance.
- Minigames ‘For example for the store we could bag groceries or for school do simple math problems like two plus two or five minus three. For the club we could mix drinks. For the stadium we could play a game of soccer or something. Just to name a few. These could be optional like a window would pop if u wanted to play or not. Or a seperate bubble for the minigames. The prizes could be mostly money but occasionally lifepoints.’
- I’d like to see that when you different actions with the same appliance that it looks different. For example when it you select the microwave to do pot noodles the sim sits and eats what looks like a hamburger! Exactly the same as if you select microwave hot snack! shouldn’t be like this!!
- More realistic book reading times
- Able to have a party and decorate house
- Able to keep a photo album in the game (like in deluxe sims)
Houses or items as goals to work towards when doing weekly quests/tasksDONE!
- During the tutorial stage of the game there are some aspects of the game that go untouched after it is over. I can’t quite put my finger on what is missing other than inter-sim relationship building.
- When you get a goal that says something like ‘go fishing at the park’ you should be able to click on the goal and go straight to the park (will be helpful for those of us whose game crashes on the town map)
- Driving instructor
- Hobby tasks, this should be like social tasks line no time limit to finish a variety of tasks associated with hobbies and mixed up such that it doesn’t feel too repetitive.
- Hotel quest
- More levels
I wish you could see how many xp before leveling up. Like 500 earned out of 1,000 needed.DONE!
To be able to send your sims to work whenever you can- “There are jobs I really want my sims to take but they don´t fit my schedule :’(”DONE
- Send sims to work automatically
Tasks within the careersDONE!
-Law enforcement (catch criminals) DONE!
-Waiter/waitress (at a cafe/ restaurant maybe?)
- More than one person being able to fish at one time (if several sims have this life dream its not possible for them all to do it)
- More special content unlocked through hobbies (a way to add that extra customization). I do like getting LPs, obviously, but maybe if it alternated every collection, one earns LPs then the next gets a new set of furniture or clothes.
- More than one hobby for each sim
-Horse riding studio for preteens to work
horseback riding as hobby DONE!
-Exotic pets hobby
Surfing hobby DONE!
Gardening and Baking
- Make the later-unlocked veggies and baked goods make sense. It’s been a while since I unlocked anything that’s actually a better deal than the ones I already had.
- Stop the sit and wait mode, e.g. do some short stuff for 5 minutes give or take then this big long wait for 24hr give or take. And with all those other sims left there is basically just farming to do. Which makes me feel like there is no more to the game than that. Seeing as this is a quest/goal oriented game perhaps the solution to this area is more simultaneous quests/goals (without more simultaneous time limits). I’m in a farming cycle or get to next long task and put all my sims to work farming until that long task is done. So that I’m only popping in game for 1 minute give or take to set sims on 2-9 hours at a time farming until long task is complete. Rinse an repeat.
- cakes less expensive to bake.
- Plants should constantly regrow- like in real life so you can go away for a few days, even weeks, it would be fine cos you’d always have something growing so it will always be ready to harvest.
- No dead zone buildings like schools work etc. all buildings can be visited.
- The supermarket should be given the ability to give you the items straight away, instead of waiting for instance 1 day for a birthday cake, this would help with tasks and growing up.
- I think that it would be great if Fire Monkey and EA added colleges so that adults/ teens can work on their careers/hobbies. Their could be three different colleges: 1 star (costs less money but the sims get a better education,) 2 star (costs more money than 1 star and a better education,) 3 star (most expensive but best education.) The better the education, higher tour skill level goes up each time you go to college. You could go to college for your personality (I haven’t done the quest that unlocks the orbs yet so I am not to familiar with how that works) or for your hobby or even where you work. At some work places, you should be required to have a college education.
A horse stable DONE!
-A zoo (where you can work and pay to visit!! That could be a whole task in itself to put on the island!)
Have a restaurant as we have a nightclub but no other social establishments. DONE!
-A nursery for toddlers to go to like school they earn the town money
-Icons on town map for player generated public spaces, a museum?
-Church and decorations to buy for houses, e.g. crosses
-The survey they did mentioned a Harry Potter-like area with magical careers and hobbies. I’m all for that!
New worlds: Maybe magic, alien, or supernatural? (like in other sim games!)
Social Points and Neighbours
- Get rid of social points or make them easier to earn
- Message board when you visit a neighbour
- More than one sim being able to visit another neighbourhood
- The ability for sims to go on holiday to another sims world and for the other person to be able to interact with you
- Stop all sims looking depressed when you visit another town, there is no point to this
- The GIVEN neighborhood, Another Sim Town ought to be set up with most if not all things in case a person playing doesn’t know others or didn’t want to connect with facebook or game center or not want to add strangers
- Be able to connect via twitter or just online (for those who don’t play on an apple product facebook is their only option- some people don’t have facebook or any friends who play)
- Free LPs for every achievement unlocked
- More activities to generate LPs
- Earn LP for babysitting
- Easier to earn LPs
Fixes to life dreams and legacies update:
Stop automatic ageing- “I want to be able to decide myself when my sims should age/die.”DONE! (can reverse their age for free)
- Longer ageing time
- Faster ways to complete the life dreams and upgrade life orbs because it takes forever
Stop the grim reaper from following our sims around, why can’t he just appear at the end?DONE!
- Option to stop a sim’s aging indefinitely for a reasonable # of LPs (5 or 10? Even 20 would be ok, just not an orb that requires killing off several sims to get.)
Make life dreams easier to achieve (go up by more than 0.something%)DONE!
- Make life dreams all with exact options (for example, don’t just say ‘go snowboarding’ but instead do ‘tricks til tomorrow’)
- Make age stages longer so we are able to get further in jobs and hobbies
- We need a graveyard or urn when a sim dies, they can’t just leave nothing behind.
- Have life dreams achieved by doing variety of things, e.g all sporty actions should increase the life dreams %
- Adult sims should be able to get higher than a silver orb, don’t say they have completed their life dream- what about trying to get a gold or platinum? If they have time to do it, why not let them!?
- family tree- remember the departed
- Go up in years maybe, not stages of life?
- Specials, half price sales on simoleon/LP packs.
- Fix bugs with store
Thank you to everyone who has contributed to this post! There are some really great ideas here and the makers have already listened to a lot of them!
Thanks for reading!