- Can a sim do more than one hobby?
No, a sim can only do one hobby at any time.
- Can a sim switch hobby- if so what happens to previous progress?
Yes, a sim can switch hobby, just click on the item to start the hobby and then a pop up will appear asking if you are sure you want to change their hobby, click yes:
The progress for their previous hobby will disappear and will be replaced by the new one, if you wanted to switch them back again you would have to start from level one.
- If I switch hobby do I lose the prizes I won for completing that hobby?
No, all prizes you win you keep even if you switch hobbies
- My sim aged and now he has no hobby- why?
This happens when the hobby a sim has cannot be completed at the next stage of their life so a preteen can do Ballet but a teen cannot so when they age it will say they do not have a hobby.
You will have to pick a new hobby for them to do.
- When sims automatically age, what happens to the hobbies?
If they can do the hobby at the next stage of their life then it will still show as their hobby, for example a teen who cooks can still cook when they become an adult.
If they cannot do the hobby at the next stage then it will say no hobby and you will have to pick a new one.
- What hobbies are there, how and where can I do them?
Arcade Gamer– Teen- complete Life Dreams and Legacies quest- build Arcade
Archery– Teen and Adult- complete Royal Lineage quest- at Castle
Ballet– Preteen- complete Multi Story Renovations quest- at Community Center
Bird Feeding– Senior- complete Bird Feeding quest- use park benches
Bowling– Teen and Adult- complete Sunset Mall quest- at Mall
Breakdancing– Teen and Adult- complete Salsa Dancing hobby- buy Boombox from Promotions R Us, complete at home
Broomstick Flying– Teen and Adult- complete Spellcasting hobby- buy broomstick closet from Sorcerous Supplies, complete at home
Cat Show– complete Life Dreams and Legacies quest- build Pet Park
Catwalk Model– Teen and Adult- complete Sunset Mall quest- at Mall
Cooking– Teen, Adult and Senior- complete Bread Winner quest- using stove at home
Diving– Preteen, Teen and Adult- complete All Going Swimmingly quest- diving boards at Swim Center
Dog Agility– complete Life Dreams and Legacies quest- build Pet Park
Dog Obedience– Teen, Adult and Senior- complete Life Dreams and Legacies quest- build Pet Park
Fashion Designer– Adult- buy Fashion Studio from Promotions R Us
Fashion Hunter – Teen and Adult- complete Pretty Little Planters quest- at mall
Figure Skating– Preteen, Teen and Adult- build the Snow Park- use Ice Rink
Finger Painting– Toddler- complete the Super Toddler Secret Misson quest, buy a Finger Painting Easel from Promotions R Us, complete at home
Fishing– Adult and Senior- build the Park- use the Fishing Rod
Ghost Hunting– Adult- complete the Ghost Hunters quest- place spooky items in house
High Striker– Adult- complete Life Dreams and Legacies quest- build Carnival
Horse Tricks– Adult- complete the Need for Steed quest- build arena
Horse Vaulting– Adult- complete the Horse Tricks hobby- build arena
Jester– Adult- complete the Archery hobby- open Front Door to Castle
Juggling– Teen and Adult- complete Life Dreams and Legacies quest- build Carnival
Karate– Preteen- complete Multi Story Renovations quest- at Community Center
Makeup Artist– Teen and Adult- complete Pretty Little Planters quest- at Mall
Musical Expression– Baby- complete Nanny Knows Best- buy Xylophone from Promotions R Us, complete at home
Pinball Enthusiast– Adult and Senior- complete Life Dreams and Legacies quest- build Arcade
Quilting– Senior- complete In Stitches quest- buy a Quilting Kit from Promotions R Us, complete at home
Salsa Dancing– Adult- complete A Dance to Remember quest, buy a Jukebox from Promotions R Us, complete at home
Seashell Collecting– Toddler and Preteen- complete Life Dreams and Legacies quest- build Beach
Showjumping– Adult- complete Hidden Unicorn quest, complete Horse Vaulting hobby, build arena
Skill Tester– Preteen- complete Life Dreams and Legacies quest- build Arcade
Snorkelling– Teen and Adult- complete Life Dreams and Legacies quest- build Beach
Spell Casting– Teen and Adult- complete the Book of Spells quest,
Storyteller– Teen, Adult and Senior- complete Survivalist hobby
Surfing– Teen and Adult- complete Life Dreams and Legacies quest- build Beach
Survivalist– Teen, Adult and Senior- complete Vacationers Guide to Great Outdoors quest
Teen Idol– Teen- complete Teen Idol quest, buy instruments from Promotions R Us, complete at home
Toddler Playhouse– Toddler- complete In Da Clubhouse quest, use playhouse at Swim Center
Woodworking– Adult- complete Multi Story Renovations, use Woodwork Benches, second floor of Community Center
Click on the links for each post for more detailed information on each hobby.
- What is your favourite hobby?
Cooking has got to be my favourite, I have most of my sims doing this hobby because you get 5LPs everytime you complete the collection (apart from the first time)
- What are your least favourite hobbies?
I really don’t like fishing, mainly because you have to get to level 8 to be able to complete the collection and it takes such a long time. I also don’t like the seashell collecting hobby, you have to be on at different times of the day to get different items and I am never awake at midnight! (and please don’t do the time cheat- it messes up your game)
- Should I do every hobby as I don’t have enough sims
I would recommend you complete every hobby at least once, just incase a timed event starts (where you need to complete a hobby in a certain time) so you don’t have to waste time during the event levelling up and unlocking all the collectibles, you will have already done it.
Once you have completed a hobby you can either do it again or switch to a different hobby.
- What is the point of doing hobbies?
Partaking in hobbies earns you rewards such as town value, simoleons, XPs and LPs when your sims level up, find new items and complete rows and you unlock new items or receive LPs when you complete the whole collection.
Hobbies are a good way to make money but you don’t have to do them!
Collectibles are items you find each time you complete a hobby. You have to find all collectibles to complete a hobby collection. If you find a new collectible you receive a simoleon reward.
- Why can I not find all the collection items? And why are some of them grey?
To find all collectibles you need to be on the highest level in that hobby. If some are greyed out it is because your sim has not reached that level yet, they need to keep doing the hobby to level up.
- If I am on level five can I still get collectibles from the lower levels?
Yes you can, you can get collectibles from any level as long as you are on or above that level.
- Do all my sims completing a hobby need to be on the highest level to find all collectibles?
No, only one sim needs to be on the highest level to find all the collectibles.
- When I am trying to find new collectibles in a hobby, does it matter which option I choose? Will the longer option mean I am more likely to find a new collectible?
No, it doesn’t matter what option you choose, the longest option will not guarantee you find a new item. I would suggest the shortest option when you are trying to find collectibles at that current level as you will find them quicker.
What is the lucky spin?
The lucky spin gives you the chance of finding a new item using LPs:
- Open the hobby tab
- Click on the LP button on the row you want to get a collectible on
- It will clear the row and give you a random collectible on that row so you aren’t guaranteed a new item (you will get back any other collectibles you already had in that row)
I think it depends on the situation, I wouldn’t use it if it would be cheaper to speed up the hobby itself, for example, if the lucky spin costs 6LPs for that row and the hobby can be sped up with 3LPs I would speed the hobby up.
But it can be useful if it is taking too long to reach the next level, I tend to use it on timed hobbies and on the last row before I have unlocked the highest level and I don’t have anything in that row already because then you are guaranteed a new item.
This video shows you how to do a lucky spin:
- How do I find the hobby tab?
- You will find the hobby tab on the sim information panel (shown in the picture below)
- If you click on the circular hobby symbol it will open the hobby tab on that collection, then using the tabs at the top you can find a different collection
- Why don’t Karate and Ballet show on the hobby tab?
They don’t have collectibles so don’t appear on the hobby tab, you only unlock items when you level up the first time you complete these hobbies.
- How can my sims level up quicker?
The best way is to choose the longest option for the hobby, the longer the option, the quicker your sim should level up.
You can speed up a hobby using LPs, this will also level your sim up.
- I have a preteen ice skating, she will be a teen before she gets to level 6, will she need to start from level 1 as a teen?
No, she won’t need to as a teen can still do the ice skating hobby
- When your sim gets to the highest level should you switch hobbies?
You can do if you want, I would recommend changing hobby once you complete the collection if you don’t like it and I always put my cooking sims on ghost hunting for one go then back to cooking once they reach level 6 because then they can earn the rewards for levelling up again.
- Do you lose the rewards you won for levelling up when your sim changes hobby or dies?
No you don’t
- If you have reached the highest level in a hobby and move all your sims to a new hobby would you have to unlock all the levels again?
No, you wouldn’t have to, the collection will be unlocked forever, but if you don’t get to the highest level another sim will have to reach the highest level
COMPLETING A COLLECTION
- How do you restart a collection?
Go to the hobby tab and at the top of the collection click start new to clear the board:
Does restarting a collection restart your sims level?
No, it doesn’t, your sims skill level will stay the same.
HOBBIES AND LIFE DREAMS
- Is there any point giving a sim a hobby when they need to complete life dreams? Do they have time?
Yes there is and they will have time to partake in a hobby because it shouldn’t take the whole life stage to complete their life dream. Also some life dreams are hobby related so you can complete the life dream and hobby in one go!
- What is the difference between a timed hobby and a timed hobby event?
-Timed hobbies are ones that need to be completed for the first time in the time limit to get a prize, for example, Spellcasting
-Timed hobby events are hobbies that can be completed previously then have to be completed a certain number of times during the time limit to unlock new items, for example, Long Hair Event (completing the fashion designers hobby 9 times to unlock all 9 hairstyles) a list of time limited hobby events can be found here
Breakdancing– complete in 7 days to unlock the DJ booth
Broomstick Flying– complete in 7 days to unlock the mop
Fashion Hunter– complete in 7 days to unlock the indoor skydiving center
Finger Painting– complete in 7 days to unlock the pop up book
Makeup Artist– complete in 7 days to unlock the beauty vanity
Musical Expression– complete in 7 days to unlock the infant bouncer
Potion Brewing– complete in 7 days to unlock wizard costumes
Puppy Pals– complete in 7 days to unlock poodles
Salsa Dancing– complete in 7 days to unlock the villa
Spell Casting– complete in 7 days to unlock the owl
Storyteller– complete in 7 days to unlock the campfire
Survivalist– complete in 7 days to unlock the picnic basket
- How do you manage to complete timed hobbies and events in the time limit?
Before a timed hobby starts (if I know about it in advance) and throughout the event I have all my cooking sims completing the hobby as much as possible to get as many LPs I can (explained in this post) I then use these LPs to either speed up the timed hobby so I can complete it as quickly as possible or I will use LPs to do lucky spins on the last row if I am running out of time.
Tips for timed hobbies:
- Have as many LPs as possible so you can speed up or use the lucky spin to complete
- Do the longest option possible to level up, then do the shortest option to get the collectibles
- Keep going- don’t get disheartened if you get the same items a lot, they don’t make these easy!
Tips for timed events:
- I suggest having a sim complete each hobby at least one so that when a timed event starts you don’t have to waste time levelling up your sims
- Again LPs are incredibly useful!
- And if you don’t complete the first time, don’t worry, these events usually happen again!
- If I click not now on a timed hobby what happens?
The not now button is very misleading because it doesn’t stop the timer, it actually doesn’t do anything!
- Does everyone start timed events at the same time?
Yes, timed hobby events are only available for a limited time and all players have to complete them in the same time period.
- How does the competition center work?
The higher level you are in a career or hobby the more chance you have of winning first prize at the competition center.
When you click on the competition center (as shown in the picture below) it will appear with a competition (I had the archery hobby) it tells you how much you will get for each placing:
- 1st place- 3LPs
- 2nd place- 1LP
- 3rd place- S1000 and 1000XPs
- 4th place- S500 and 500XPs
Then you can select a sim- always go for the sim with the highest level in that hobby/career (it will tell you what level your sims are at)
For example: Zack is level 6 in archery so I would definitely use him over Hayley who has never done archery before (level 0/6)
NOTE: your sim must not be busy for them to partake in a competition, they will appear greyed out if they are busy.
Once you have selected your sim they will be busy competing for 24 hours, once the time is up you will need to go back to the competition center to see where they were placed.
If your sim is level 6 then they should come first but they don’t always!
I rarely use the competition center, its a good way to make a few extra LPs but it does mean your sim cannot do anything else for a whole day.
- Can I enter my sim in the competition center for a previous hobby?
You could but they would be level 0 in that hobby so probably would only be 4th, it is much better to enter a sim in for the hobby they are currently doing.
Thanks for reading!
© COPYRIGHT PROTECTED