Early Access to Beta Provided by EA/ Firemonkeys
LEVEL UNLOCKS: 7 UNLOCKS: private island (house lot) and villa items TIME LIMIT: 8 days PRIZE: private island villa
To begin this discovery quest you need to build the private island, you can find the island next to the bridge to the mysterious island. Completing this quest unlocks the private island which is a new house lot. If you complete this quest in the time limit you will unlock the private island villa lot to build on the island. You can still complete this quest once the time limit is up to unlock the island and build a house on it you just won’t unlock the villa
You cannot complete this quest at the same time as any other discovery quest
The cost of the private island varies depending on how many houses you have already built
Times may vary depending on the star rating an item has
- Go to the park
- Listen to LJ Silva- 30 minutes (click on x)
- Set Best Time- 10 minutes (boat in park)
- Listen to LJ’s announcement- 1 hour 40 minutes (click on x)
- Go to the private island
- Assemble with the other contestants- 3 hours 20 minutes (click on x)
- Chat to Wizard Wickham- 4 hours 10 minutes
- Introduce your sim to Bryan Hatchling- 2 hours 30 minutes
- Listen to LJ announce challenge- 6 hours 40 minutes (click on x)
- Choose an outfit in the wardrobe on the island
- Listen to LJ announce winner- 4 hours 10 minutes (click on x)
- Choose an outfit for your date with Prim (click browse clothes on wardrobe in villa)
- Go horse riding with Prim- 9 hours 10 minutes
- Discuss heatstroke with Bryan- 4 hours 20 minutes
- Discuss message with Wizard Wickham- 3 hours 20 minutes
- Go to the park
- Receive next challenge- 13 hours 20 minutes (click on x)
- Go to the private island
- Search for the heart- 1 hour 20 minutes (click on x)
- Search for the heart- 2 hours 5 minutes (click on x)
- Search for the heart- 5 hours 50 minutes (click on x)
- Return to the park
- Give heart to LJ- 5 hours
- Go to the private island
- Spy on Prim and Bryan- 4 hours (click on hammock)
- Discuss cure- 8 hours 20 minutes (with Wizard Wickham)
- Take a hard look in mirror at the villa- 9 hours 30 minutes
- Listen to LJs announcement- 4 hours 10 minutes (click on x)
- Approach Prim- 15 hours
- Give rose cupcake to the Wizard- 1 hour
- Give cupcake to Bryan- 4 hours 10 minutes
- Listen to LJs announcement- 15 hours (click on x)
- Listen to LJs offer- 21 hours 40 minutes (click on x)
- Leave the island
QUEST IS COMPLETE!
You can now build a house lot on the island, if you complete in the time limit you can build the island villa, if not you can build the empty private island and build your own villa using the new villa items you unlock:
Completing this quest unlocks Exterior Balcony Stairs, read this post if you are unsure how to add them
Prize: Island Villa
Where can I find it? Click on the private island and click on the Island Villa to build it
Is it worth it? The island villa has a platform that you cannot build yourself but if you don’t manage to complete in the time don’t worry as you can still build a house on the private island using the private island empty lot
TIP: if you want to build your own but finished in the time limit, build the island villa anyway and store all the furniture as most of the villa items cost SPs and LPs
Cost? The first one is free, you can only build one house on the private island!
Watch my step by step video of this quest here:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS QUEST
please read before asking
How do I start this discovery quest?
Build the private island to begin this quest
Does the time limit start when I click to build or once the building has complete?
Once it has finished building the quest and time limit will begin
Can I do discovery quests at the same time as a main quest?
Yes you can
Why can’t I do this discovery quest yet?
You cannot do more than one discovery quest at the same time, if you are currently on another one (the list can be found here) you will not be able to do this one until that one is completed
Do I have to do this quest?
If you don’t start the quest you don’t have to do it at all but if you have already started it you need to complete it before you can move on to the next quest
I haven’t started this quest yet, will it still be available when I want to do it?
Yes it will be, you can choose to start it whenever you like
How do I send my sim to the park?
Go to the park and click on the whistle next to a sim who isn’t busy on the simtracker, this post explains more about the simtracker
What do I get if I complete this quest in the time limit?
The private island villa
What happens if I don’t complete in the time limit, can I still finish this quest?
Yes you have to finish it to unlock the private island before you can move onto the next quest
I didn’t complete in the time limit, can I restart the quest?
No, you cannot redo quests
Can I still get the prize if I don’t complete in the time limit?
No, the only way to get the limited time prizes is by completing the quest in the time limit
I don’t like this quest! Can I just skip it?
No, you have to complete this quest before you can move onto the next one now that you have started it, if you don’t start it you don’t have to do it
Some times are slightly different on my game, why is this?
Times may vary depending on the star rating of the item you are using as the higher star rating an item has the quicker you will complete a goal
Some times are really off/ different goals show for me, why is this?
This will be because the quest has been updated recently, I try my best to keep these posts up to date but it is difficult as I cannot redo every quest each time the game is updated. If you notice any changes please let me know so I can update the post
Frequently Asked Questions about the Private Island Villa:
- What can I build on the Private Island? You can only build the empty private island lot or private island villa
- I want to move the platform underneath the house or extend it! The platform cannot be deleted, extended or put in the inventory, you also cannot move it. To be able to edit something similar build the empty private island and add a balcony instead- this can be edited as shown in my video here
- Can I put different stairs on the platform? The stairs that come with the villa are the only ones that are compatible with the platform, they can be moved, placed in your inventory but cannot be sold.
- I cannot find the villa stairs after storing them, where are they? You can find them in the exterior stairs tab, check out my adding exterior stairs post if you are unsure how to place them
- Can my sims walk on the platform? To walk on the platform there must be a balcony connected to the stairs. If you have not completed the DIY Homes: Lovey-Dovey Balconies Quest you will not be able to edit or delete the existing balcony.
- Can I edit the platform? No the platform cannot be edited.
- Can I build a basement on the island? Yes you can!
- Can I build a multi story house? Yes you can, click here to see my two story villa I created
- Can I put the platform in my inventory and use it on another home lot? No, it cannot be stored
- Can I build a patio? Yes you can!
- Can I move any of the items on the island such as the shower or towels? No you cannot as these are outside of the grid.
- Does the private island have access to a car? No- I think we should be able to have a boat! That would be so cool!