This is a quick guide to show you how to build, resize and delete rooms in the game.
You firstly need to go to the house section of the home store and it will open on the first tab called rooms:
To build a room, hold and drag on the grass or anywhere within an existing house. A green room means it’s clear to build, red means that it cannot be built.
Drag on walls marked with a white highlight to resize existing rooms.
BUILDING A ROOM
Like the instructions say you need to hold and drag on the grass inside the grid, you cannot build a room outside of the grid. Once you have dragged and created a room you will see an image similar to the one below:
DELETING A ROOM
Deleting a room is actually selling it as you will earn simoleons when you delete it. To delete a room you need to go to the rooms tab again, then you can click on a room and if it can be deleted it will look like the image below:
You can click the tick to keep the room or click the red simoleon to sell the room for the price that is shown next to the red simoleon button. All the items in the room will move to your inventory- apart from the wallpaper and flooring.
Please note not all rooms can be deleted, if it appears like the image below you can’t delete it:
Why can’t I delete a room?
Two main reasons are:
- If you have a second or third floor you will be unable to delete a room when there is a room above it, you need to delete the room above first, which is why I cannot delete the room in the image above.
- If there is a plate in the room you will need to get a sim to clean it up first before you will be able to delete the room.
RESIZING A ROOM
On the same tab you can resize any room that has a highlighted arrowed edge, it will look like the image below:
Why can’t I resize every room? If two rooms of different sizes are next to each other then you will not get the option to resize between the two rooms, rooms have to be the same size to resize them together.
The lounge and kitchen can be resized to make one of them smaller and the other one bigger:
But the hallway and lounge cannot be resized because the hallway is longer than the lounge:
Frequently asked Questions:
- Can you add a room inside a room? No you cannot
- Can you delete a wall? No, you can only delete the whole room
- Can I join two rooms together to make one? You cannot delete walls but you could do this either by adding a door between the two rooms or deleting the rooms and building one big room in place
- Why can’t I delete rooms on my ground floor? If you have a room above you will have to delete the room above first before you can delete rooms below
- What is the smallest room you can build? 1×2
- Can I move a house to a new lot? No you cannot
- Can I move a room to a different part of the same lot? No you cannot, you would have to delete the room and build it where you wanted it
- Why can’t some rooms be resized? If rooms are a different size then you will not be able to resize them, read the resizing section of this post for more information
- Can I change the flooring/walls in half of the room? No, you will have to have the same flooring/ walls in the whole room
- How do I add a second floor and stairs? Give this post a read!
Thanks for reading!
© COPYRIGHT PROTECTED