Quests are a main part of The Sims Freeplay, in this post I will explain the different types of quests and the frequently asked questions I get asked about them as well as some tips to completing them.
What types of tasks are there to complete?
Quests aren’t the only type of task in The Sims Freeplay, there are:
- Weekly Tasks (complete all the weekly goals in the week to earn a key, keys can then be spent in the Mystery Box Shop on prizes!)
- Main Quests (once you get to level 5 you will unlock the first of the main quests, these have to be completed in order)
- Discovery Quests (discovery quests can be started by talking to different sims around simtown, click on the link to find out how to start each discovery quest)
- Feature Quests (feature quests can be started by talking to Lee the mechanic at the nightclub but will cost simoleons or social points to begin)
- Seasonal Quests (these are available for a limited time, find a list of them here)
- Player Favourite Quests and Events (these are available for a limited time, find a list of them here)
- Social Tasks (Social tasks have to be completed at a neighbours town once unlocked at level 7- complete these to earn social points to buy items)
- Simtown Market (once you unlock profession careers you will be able to complete simtown market events to unlock prizes)
- Time Limited Events (include hobby events, live events, SimChase, Downtown Developer and Influence Island, these are also available for a limited time, find a list of them here)
- Pregnancy Events (if you complete all the support tasks and daily goals in a pregnancy event your baby sim will be born with the baby bonus, if you also complete a pregnancy event when a time limited prize is available you will earn that too)
To find out what goals, events and quests you currently have available go to the active tasks (goal) tab.
Where is the active tasks tab?
This can be found at the bottom left corner of the screen, it will say something like 3 active tasks, this means you have 3 different goals, events or quests to be completed, if you click on this it will open and show you all of the available goals:
If it says ‘limited time prize available’ this means you need to complete it in the time shown, for example with the An Alien Concept: Weather Machines Quest the time limit is 2 days, complete in the time limit to unlock winter clothes for your sims, if you don’t manage to complete in the 2 day time limit you can still complete main and discovery quests once the time limit is up, you just won’t get the time limited prize:
Can I complete all goals once the time limit is up and still get the prize?
Main Quests– no, once the time limit is up you will still need to complete the quest before you can move onto the next main quest that is waiting in your queue but you will not get the time limited prize if you don’t complete in the time limit
Discovery Quests– no, once the time limit is up you will still need to complete the quest before you can move onto the next discovery quest but you will not get the time limited prize if you don’t complete in the time limit
Feature Quests– there is no time limit for these but they are a lot shorter than normal quests
Weekly Tasks– once the week is up a new week will begin giving you another chance to earn the keys to buy the mystery boxes
Social Tasks– there is no time limit on social tasks
Seasonal Quests– no, once the time limit is up the quest will end and you will have to wait for the seasonal quest to return before you can try and complete it
Player Favourite Quests and Events- no, once the time limit is up the quest/event will end and you will have to wait for the quest/event to return before you can try and complete it
Time Limited Events– no, once the time limit is up the event will end and you will have to wait for the event to return before you can try and complete it
Pregnancy Events- no, once the time limit is up you will miss out on the baby bonus and any time limited prizes but the baby will still be born
Simtown Market– no, once the time limit is up you will have to wait for the next simtown market to try and earn the next prize, they usually repeat the prizes so if you didn’t manage to get it the first time you can try again in the future
It says there are quests waiting in the queue, what does that mean?
These are quests that will appear as soon as you finish the previous quest goals, for example at level 7 you receive the Money Grows on Trees Quest and it will say the Love is in the Air Quest is in the queue as that is also unlocked at level 7. Once the Money Grows on Trees Quest is complete, the Love is in the Air Quest will begin straight away:
It also works if you are behind in completing quests, if you are on level 17 but are still on the Alien Concept: Weather Machines Quest (which unlocks at level 16) it will tell you that the Multi Story Renovations Quest is in the queue. The number in the green square under the current quest goal tells you how many quests are in your queue so for me it is 2:
Read more about the Quest Queue here
I’m on level 12 and the toddler quest hasn’t appeared yet, what’s wrong?
Nothing is wrong, you are probably still on a previous quest. You need to complete all main quests in the order they appear, it says it unlocks at level 12 but cannot be started until quests that unlock at lower levels have been completed, you will probably see that it says A Quest for Toddlers is in the queue.
The order of the quests can be found in this post, you can’t skip quests and all goals have to be completed before moving onto the next quest.
What does the orange LP symbol next to the weekly tasks and social tasks mean?
This means that the goal can be skipped for 10LP, you cannot do this with normal quest goals.
I can’t find an item I need at a neighbours house, what do I do?
You could skip the goal for 10LP or add another neighbour via the neighbours needed page
I struggle to complete quests within the time limit, how do you do it? [TIPS]
- Start goals early– A lot of the quests contain goals that you can start early, if it is a task you can usually do, for example reading the big book of stuff in the Raiders of the Lost Artifacts Quest. This goal can be started while still on the Mysterious Island Quest so the quest can be done in a few hours instead of taking 20 hours or more! This also works for all baking and gardening goals. This post explains Starting Goals Early in more detail.
- Speed up tasks with LP– Lifestyle points are actually quite easy to make by completing the cooking hobby, you earn 5LP each time you complete the hobby (after the first time in which you earn chopping boards). This post explains how this works in more detail. Once you have the LP click on the sim completing the task you want to speed up and click on the orange LP button:
TIP: You need an LP to speed up for each full hour the action will take so if the action will take 2 hours 30 minutes this will cost you 2LP to speed up but if you wait until the timer reaches 1 hour 59 minutes it will only cost you 1LP
- Plan ahead– if you take a look at all my quest posts here you can plan ahead to know exactly what tasks are coming and how long you have left
- Set timers– it is easy to lose track of time so if you set a timer on your phone for when the task will complete you will be able to finish it as quickly as possible
- Use 3 star items (if possible)- 3 star items give you the shortest amount of time to complete a task
146 thoughts on “The Sims Freeplay- Guide to Completing Quests [FAQs & TIPS]”
[…] More information on completing quests: https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/2014/07/01/the-sims-freeplay-guide-to-completing-quests/ […]
OK, I am on level 24, & I’m not on a quest. I can’t figure out how certain quests start… I can’t complete the one I’m on to unlock the next b/c I’m not currently on one. I still have quests in my queue from level 12 that I can’t figure out how to start. I also can’t find the tab where I’m supposed to be able to purchase social items based on my # of friends. Plz help me… I feel like I’m stuck just doing weekly goal.
You should be on a quest if you have quests in your queue, so what does it say is your current quest or goal if that is easier- the picture in this post shows the bird feeding quest and a goal for that, this is a list of all the quests and the order you have to complete them in: https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/2014/02/11/the-sims-freeplay-main-quests/
You can no longer buy items based on the amount of friends you have, we have social points now which you get by completing social tasks
Where can I make clothes in my neighbor town? Also, I only have one neighbor and I can’t connect it with facebook, it doesn’t even show this option. My phone is a Nokia, so Windows phone.
You need to use a fashion studio in a neighbours town, You have to find other neighbours using the gamer tag (not sure where you find out what your gamer tag is or how to add people as I don’t own a windows phone- sorry!)
So if you don’t finish a quest in time you can’t redo it? Because I didn’t finish a quest on time and I want to be able to build a building and that’s one of the requirements.
you can’t redo it but you can still complete the quest
Hi! Can you help me I had a weekly task to have a teenager hang out at the pier in the park, tried that 2 times took 8 hours each with 2 teenagers at the same time but could not complete it. I had to skip it with lp. It’s the second time when this happens the first time I had to skip it also. What should I do the next time it will appear? I put both teenagers to hang out on a bench in the park near the lake first near the rc boat then next to the fishing spot.
I think you have to click on either the pier or the teen themselves to get the option to complete this goal
Sorry this is an off topic question, but where is the free lp tab? I can’t find it
it is on the goal tab
I am trying to complete the dance quest, but I’m confused what I suppose to do? Do I suppose to just let my sim stand and watch the dancers, if so how long?
you need an adult sim to click on a dance and select watch.
i don’t know how to do quests can someone please help me
are you on level 6 yet? if not you won’t be able to start quest, once you finish the tutorial and you are level 6 bread winner will start automatically
Am stuck at a social task about practice filming! I need a neighbour with a camera! I own a windows phones so I need people with Xbox gamer tags! Someone plz help me!
There are lots of people to add on this page: https://thegirlwhogames.wordpress.com/neighbour-requests/
I was trying to figure out how to make my sim reach nirvana in the park but i can’t seem to figure out how. It’s one of my weekly goals. Please help!!
send a sim to the park and click on the sim to get the option.
I have one other question. I bought the doll and stroller from the toddler section and when i click on it there is no options. Is there something wrong with my game or is it just a decoration??
its just a decoration, you can tell if something can be used or not if it has a green symbol in the corner of the image in the store you can use it
I was supposed to build the swimming center but I hit the competition center can I stop it
No you can’t, you will only be able to build the swim center once the competition center has completed building now
I am level 26 and i havent completed the bread winner quest but i want to! I just finished the dance to remember quest and i have tried to start the bread winner quest by tapping on the stove or fridage or microwave and pressing cooking but it just says that i have to complete the bread winner quest and it wont let me start it!
is the quest not in your queue for you to complete after a quest you are on right now? If not you may need to contact EA to see if they can fix this for you.
comments are disabled on this post, if you have a question please ask it on this page
Comments are closed.