Live events are tricky to complete in the time limit so this post explains how to complete live events with tips so you can try and complete every live event the first time around!
What are live events?
Live events are time limited events that last for a certain amount of days (if you don’t play the game during that time you will miss out on these events) The aim of them is to collect arts and crafts items from 4 crafting stations which are the resources you need to unlock and buy items in the event, if you manage to unlock and purchase all of the items in the time limit then you unlock the grand prize.
I think it is important to say that live events are hard and if you cannot be on the game every few hours to collect from the stations then it can be very difficult to complete, live events are often repeated so if you don’t manage to complete it the first time, don’t panic as it will probably be back again at some point. When it does return you will start from where you got to the first time so if you only had one pack left to buy then you will have the full time limit the second time to try and purchase that final pack to complete the live event.
How do live events work?
A pop up will appear to tell you a live event has started, click start collecting to begin the first goal:
The goals for each live event are almost the same apart from the event button and the first pack you buy during these goals:
- Place a crafting station– find the candle station in the events tab of buy mode. If you participated in another live event then you will find your arts and crafts stations in your inventory (or in the house you left them at) you will only be able to use the candle ones until you unlock the other stations in this event
- Make some arts and crafts items (click on the candle station to make)- 23 seconds TIP: buy all 4 stations so you can have 4 sims making the candles for 23 seconds, this means you will earn 200 candles instantly instead of just 50!
Once they have made the candles, a bubble with a candle in it will appear above their head, click on this and this takes you to the prize progress tab (you can also get to this by clicking on the event button in the corner of the screen)
Here you will see you have collected enough items to unlock the first pack! You need to unlock each pack and purchase them with the arts and crafts items you make before the items are available in your home store- this goal is coming up.
- Restock a crafting station- when the stock runs out you will have to restock before you can make anymore arts and crafts items. You can restock instantly for 18 uses which will cost you 10SP or restock for 2 uses which will take 10 seconds this time (after this time you can restock 9 uses which will be free but will take 2 hours and 30 minutes to restock) TIP: again have all 4 sims restock the stations so you have 2 uses on each
- Buy the first pack– click on the event button, scroll down and click purchase (this will cost you 50 candles) once purchased you will find the item(s) in buy mode to place in your sims houses
- Use a coin flower patch- buy the coin flower patch from the event tab of the home store and select the free spin plant option. The coin flower patch is how you earn constructor coins which are also needed to purchase packs. After this time it will cost 450 candles to use the spin plant and 25SP to use the mega spin plant- but you will earn more constructor coins by using the mega plant (the minimum is 10 and the maximum is 500)
- Check the daily goals- click on the event button in the corner and go to the first tab which is daily goals- claim the ones you can right now and check back throughout the day to claim all your daily goals and earn you 20 constructor coin bonus!
- Collect bonuses- while collecting after a certain amount of time you will see the arts and crafts item appear above that sims head, click to collect the bonus item!
- Continue collecting arts and crafts items- this is the last step but the event is not over, keep collecting the arts and crafts to unlock everything on the bar at the top of your progress tab and then use those arts and crafts items and constructor coins to purchase all those packs.
There are 3 parts to these events if you want to complete them in the time limit you have to complete all 3 parts; collecting, unlocking and buying
Once you have completed the goals you need to put your sims on the candle stations to continue collecting candles, you can place a maximum of 4 candle stations, as you unlock the rest of the stations there is a limit on those too:
- 4 Pottery Stations
- 3 Jewelry Stations
- 2 Glassware Stations
You won’t need to buy new stations each time there is an event on, I keep mine in 2 houses so they are stocked and ready for the next event
Once you have placed your candle stations you can select one of 4 options:
- Make 250 Candles- 2 hours 30 minutes
- Make 360 Candles- 4 hours 30 minutes
- Make 455 Candles- 6 hours 30 minutes
- Make 510 Candles- 8 hours 30 minutes
From these stats it looks like the 8 hour 30 minute option is the best but actually if you did the 2 hour 30 minute option 3 times (7 hours 30 minutes) you will earn 750 candles rather than 510! So if you can do the shortest option over and over again throughout the day then you will earn a lot more resources but obviously if you are going to be out all day then it would be better to do a longer option.
Remember you will need to restock the stations occasionally, you can restock instantly for 18 uses but this will cost you 10SP or you can restock 9 uses, this is free but it will take you 2 hours 30 minutes to restock:
Each station (apart from the first candle one) comes with a stock of 7 which means you can use the station 7 times before it needs to be restocked (if you got your stations out of your inventory they will all need restocking first (apart from the first candle one)
- if you store the station you will lose all the stock so when you place it again you will need to restock
- if you cancel making something using a station you will lose that stock so if you had one stock left and then you cancelled that action you would need to restock before you can create anymore arts and crafts items
The more arts and crafts items you make the more items you will unlock
The bar at the top of your personal progress tab shows you the items you have already unlocked and those you are yet to unlock, as well as how many resources you need to collect to unlock the next item:
You unlock different items here:
- Items to purchase– these are the packs that you need to use your resources to buy once you have unlocked them to be able to find that item in your home store (this is explained more in the buying part of this post)
- Constructor Coins– these are a resource needed to purchase those items mentioned above. You can also earn them on the spin plants but they are probably the hardest item to earn in these events
- Arts and Crafts Stations– you have already unlocked the candle station but you will need the pottery, jewelry and glassware stations too to be able to make those arts and crafts items to buy the items you unlock
TIP: make sure you place the new arts and crafts stations you unlock as soon as you unlock them so you don’t waste any time, if you previously unlocked them in another live event you will have to still unlock them again before you can use them in this event
- Social Points– as this event uses social points to speed up actions as well as purchase any resources you still need if you haven’t reached the required amount, you get a few as a reward in these events- they aren’t that generous with them so don’t rely on them to help you complete the event!
TIP: instead of wasting all your SP trying to earn the last resources you need for a pack why not wait for the event to return again in the future? When it does return you will start from where you got to the first time so if you only had one pack left to buy then you will have the full time limit the second time to try and purchase that final pack to complete the live event.
To buy an item you need to use the resources you collect from the arts and crafts stations as well as constructor coins as currency so if an item costs you 50 candles to purchase and you have 60 candles then you will have 10 candles left after you purchased that item. You can see the current amount of resources you have in the inventory in the progress tab:
Below is how an item appears in your progress tab at different stages of the event:
The first picture shows the item is locked, this is how you will see an item when you haven’t collected enough arts and crafts items to reach that item on the bar at the top of your personal progress tab, keep collecting and it will unlock, the unlock symbol will either be orange or green.
The orange unlock symbol as you can see in the second picture means that you have unlocked this item but you do not have enough resources to buy it yet unless you use social points. You don’t have to use social points though, you just need to keep collecting the resources you need by using the arts and crafts stations and the spin plant to earn constructor coins
TIP: if you are unsure what resources you need under requirements there will be a box for each resource you need, the first number under the resource picture is how many resources you currently have and the second number is how many resources you need, if you have enough resources the box will be orange, if you don’t have enough resources the box is blue. You can tell straight away in the picture that I don’t have enough constructor coins to buy the fine dining items pack yet.
The green unlock symbol means you have all the resources you need, click purchase to use those resources to buy the pack, you will then be able to find the items in your home store or wardrobe (depending on the item)
TIP: a pop up will appear saying you have unlocked that pack and where to find your items so make sure you read it
How do you earn constructor coins?
They don’t make constructor coins easy to earn! In my experience with these events I can collect enough arts and crafts items but I am let down by how impossible they make it to earn constructor coins:
- Personal Progress prizes– as mentioned in the unlocking section you will earn constructor coins when you collect enough resources to unlock that reward on the progress bar
- Completing Daily Goals– you will earn constructor coins when you complete daily goals and if you manage to complete them all in a day you will earn bonus constructor coins, make sure you collect them every day during the event!
- Coin Flower Patches– there are two types of coin flower patches, the spin plant which costs 450 candles each time you spin and the mega spin plant which costs 25SP each time you spin but you will earn more constructor coins (personally I never use the mega spin plant, I just earn as many candles as possible to use on the normal spin plant) When you use the plant it will spin and you will earn a certain amount of coins, usually with the spin plant you only get 1-2 coins most times which can be the difference between completing the event in time or not! If the luck is in your favour you can win up to 125 constructor coins on the spin plant and 500 on the mega spin plant with the minimum on the mega spin plant being 10 coins.
If you manage to unlock and buy all the packs during the time limit you can click claim on the prize pack, you will only be able to claim this pack if you have brought all the other packs:
If you didn’t manage to complete in the time you have a few days after the event is over to purchase any packs you have left but you cannot collect anymore arts and crafts items or constructor coins during this time. If you don’t have the requirements you need you can use social points or you could just wait for the event to return in the future!
Once the event is over it will convert your unused resources into simoleons, the conversion rate is half the amount of resources, for example, if you have 10,000 candles left over you will earn 5,000 simoleons, if you only have 1 of a resource left over you will only earn 1 simoleon. When a new live event becomes available you start from 0 resources
- When completing the goals place all 4 candle stations straight away and then you can put a sim on each station to collect candles for 23 seconds, this way you will start with 200 candles instead of just 50!
- Also in the goals when you have to restock, restock all of them so you have 2 uses on each of them instead of just one station
- Do the 2 hour 30 minute option as much as you can, you will find the most arts and crafts items this way
- Remember to complete and collect your daily rewards every day- you will earn 20 bonus constructor coins if you do!
- If you can collect the bonuses every 15 minutes or so then you will earn even more resources, if you use social points to speed up the task (most people leave until the last minute possible to speed up so you don’t have to use as many social points) then you will earn all the bonuses
- Buy all the stations and have a sim on each to earn the most resources
- Keep collecting candles throughout the event, you won’t need them to buy all the packs but you can use your spare candles on the spin plant to earn constructor coins rather than using the mega spin plant that costs social points
- If you want to use the mega spin plant but don’t have enough social points then complete the cooking hobby to earn 20LP and use them on the social point flower to earn social points (this isn’t that great anymore as they have increased the cost of the social point flower from 5 to 20LP but it may still help) Click here to find out how to earn LP quickly with the cooking hobby
- If you know you won’t be able to complete the event then just buy the packs that you really want- you don’t have to buy them in order!
- The time limit is the same for everyone, if you start late then you will have less days to complete the event- I create a post for each live event so subscribe here if you don’t want to miss an event or start late
- Resources don’t transfer to future events they get converted into simoleons, so if you have 100 constructor coins and 1,000 pottery left over you will earn 550 simoleons for them and in the next event you will start with 0 constructor coins and 0 pottery
- Don’t store your stations at the end of an event, if you store them you will have to restock before you can use them again, create a room for them instead! (only put 10 stations in one house as only 10 sims can be in a house at one time) That way you will still have stock left over from the previous event to use on the next!
Is there anything to make the events easier?
Laura Craft doesn’t guarantee you will complete the event but you can purchase her for real money, you select the item you want her to make from the options: 200 candles, 300 pottery, 450 jewelry or 500 glassware (you will unlock all the options once you have unlocked all the stations) and you will be able to collect them after 2 hours.
BUT you have to buy her for each live event
Do I think she is worth it? They have improved Laura Craft a lot since the first event (although it would be great if she made constructor coins) she used to be able to collect every 8 hours, they have now changed this to 2 hours so she is more useful now so if you are struggling then you may want to splash out and give her a try but remember you will only get her for the current event, you will have to buy her again to use her for a live event in the future.