There are 3 ways of ageing a sim:
- Birthday Cake (which is what we are going to focus on in this post)
- Auto Ageing– once the life dreams and legacies quest has been completed
- Advancing age early– once the life dreams and legacies quest has been completed
Before the life dreams and legacies quest has been completed you will need to use birthday cakes if you want to age your sims but you can’t age every sim until a quest has been completed:
- You can’t age a baby to a toddler until a quest for toddlers has been completed
- You can’t age a toddler to a preteen until the preparing for preteens quest has been completed
- You can’t age a preteen to a teen until the teenagers quest has been completed
- You can’t age a teen to an adult until the adulthood quest has been completed
- You can’t age adults to seniors until the seniors quest has been completed
Once you have completed a quest for toddlers you will have unlocked the ability for your baby to become a toddler but you now need a birthday cake
A birthday cake can be found under the baking section on a stove, it is near the bottom of the list and will cost you 5LP and takes one day to bake:
If you do, click yes.
If you don’t, click no.
Once you click yes your sim will magically grow up to the next life stage.
And that is how you age a sim using a birthday cake!
Do you need a cake for each sim you age or just one cake?
You need a cake for each, once your sim has aged the cake will have been used.
How can I find out how many birthday cakes I have stored?
If you click ‘have birthday’ on a sim it will say how many cakes are available, just click no if you don’t want to use a cake to age that sim.
Once I complete the life dreams quest do I still need birthday cakes?
No you don’t, you can advance a sims age early for 2LP but if you wait for them to complete their life dream for that stage or wait until they are ready to age automatically you can advance them to the next life stage for free.
Related Posts: Making LP Quickly & Life Dreams and Legacies Frequently Asked Questions