Early Access to Beta Provided by EA/ Firemonkeys
LEVEL UNLOCKS: 15 UNLOCKS: simtown express, downtown area and hospital profession workplace TIME LIMIT: 5 days PRIZE: toddler train conductor outfit
NOTE: if a pop up appears about this new quest click NOT NOW, if you do click YES and it takes you to downtown DO NOT BUILD THE HOSPITAL! Go back to simtown and build the simtown express first. If you build the hospital you will not be able to get back to downtown to complete construction on the hospital and will be unable to build the simtown express as the hospital is being built. If you have built the hospital early contact the makers to see if they can fix this issue for you
To begin this discovery quest you need to build the simtown express (this is located on the bottom left of town next to the restaurant) If you complete this quest in the time limit you will unlock the toddler train conductor outfit, if you don’t complete in the time you will still unlock the simtown express and downtown but you won’t get the outfit
You cannot complete this quest at the same time as any other discovery quest
Times may vary depending on the star rating an item has
- Call the train company- 48 seconds (using a phone)
- Meet Thomas, the tiny conductor- 15 minutes
- Ask about safety lessons- 2 hours 15 minutes (Thomas)
- Read a book about trains- 8 hours 30 minutes (using a bookshelf)
- Find a snack for Thomas- 1 hour 50 minutes (using a fridge)
- Ask for safety lesson 1- 5 minutes (Thomas)
- Demonstrate single seating- 10 hours (click on a seat)
- Ask for safety lesson 2- 5 minutes (Thomas)
- Send a sim to the park
- Watch the train demonstration- 14 hours 45 minutes (train set in park)
- Ask for safety lesson 3- 5 minutes (send a sim home and find Thomas)
- Stand behind the yellow line- 16 hours 45 minutes (appears at the front of the house you are at)
- Search for the train key- 1 hour 50 minutes (bed)
- Apologise to Thomas- 6 hours 15 minutes
- Bake cookies for Thomas- 1 minute (select baking on a stove then cookies)
- Ask for final lesson- 5 minutes (Thomas)
- Practice holding on- 1 day (click on Thomas)
- Guess Thomas’s age- 1 hour 15 minutes (I don’t think it matters which one you pick but he does say he is 5 and 3/4 earlier on!)
- Travel on the Simtown Express
QUEST IS COMPLETE!
Now you have completed the quest you can take the Simtown Express to the Downtown Area! In the Downtown Area you can find the Hospital, Downtown High School and Penthouse Apartments!
Build the hospital to unlock the medical staff profession career- unsure about professions? Read this post!
Watch my step by step video of this quest here:
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT THIS QUEST
please read before asking
How do I start this discovery quest?
Build the simtown express to start this quest
Why can’t I do this discovery quest yet?
You cannot do more than one discovery quest at the same time, if you are currently on another one (the list can be found here) you will not be able to do this one until that one is completed
Help! I have built the hospital before the simtown express now I cannot build the simtown express, what should I do?You will need to contact the makers so they can fix this issue for you
Can I do discovery quests at the same time as a main quest?
Yes you can
Do I have to do this quest?
If you don’t start the quest you don’t have to do it at all but if you have already started it you need to complete it before you can move on to the next quest
I haven’t started this quest yet, will it still be available when I want to do it?
Yes it will be, you can choose to start it whenever you like
I can’t complete the train demonstration, why?
Thomas needs to be at the park to be able to complete this, if he isn’t, go back to the house he was last at, find him and then go back to the park. If he still doesn’t arrive at the park, click on the whistle on the simtracker to bring him there.
What do I get if I complete this quest in the time limit?
Toddler train conductor outfit, the one that Thomas wears in this quest
What happens if I don’t complete in the time limit, can I still finish this quest?
Yes you have to finish it to unlock the downtown area and hospital before you can move onto the next quest
I didn’t complete in the time limit, can I restart the quest?
No, you cannot redo quests
Can I still get the prize if I don’t complete in the time limit?
No, the only way to get the limited time prizes is by completing the quest in the time limit
I don’t like this quest! Can I just skip it?
No, you have to complete this quest before you can move onto the next one now that you have started it, if you don’t start it you don’t have to do it
I don’t understand the Hospital Career, can you help?
This post explains all about Profession Careers so give it a read if you are stuck
Some times are slightly different on my game, why is this?
Times may vary depending on the star rating of the item you are using, as the higher star rating an item has the quicker you will complete a goal
Some times are really off/ different goals show for me, why is this?
This will be because the quest has been updated recently, I try my best to keep these posts up to date but it is difficult as I cannot redo every quest each time the game is updated. If you notice any changes please let me know so I can update the post