Early Access to Beta Provided by EA/ Firemonkeys
LEVEL UNLOCKS: 8 UNLOCKS: pregnancy and pregnancy events
Pregnancy has arrived in simtown! Once you complete the Two and a Half Sims Quest you will be able to build the maternity store in simtown from level 8 (you can find it next to the real estate agency and near the mall) once the store is built this quest will begin. When you complete the quest you unlock pregnancy so your female adult sims will grow a baby bump!
You cannot complete this quest at the same time as any other discovery quest
The price for building the maternity store will vary depending on how many businesses you have already built
In this quest you will be completing the pregnancy event, there is a 9 day time limit for this event and if you complete in the time limit you will unlock the baby bonus but you can still complete this once the time limit is up.
- Have a Doctor explain pregnancies- 30 seconds (call a Doctor using a phone, they will appear at that house so you can select the option)
- Talk pregnancies with a sim- 30 seconds
- Purchase the maternity outfit from the maternity store- black and grey outfit costs 500 maternity tokens
NOTE: your sims can only wear the maternity clothes when they have a baby bump (check out my maternity store post here)
Once this quest is over you can still earn maternity tokens to buy all the items from the maternity store by completing another pregnancy event!
- Place empty crib- buy one from the infant section of the home store
- Start the pregnancy event- for this you need an adult female, this event takes 9 days! Click on the crib and select the pregnancy event option and then select the adult female who you want to become pregnant:
- Select sim icon- click on the pregnancy event button in the corner of the screen then click on the picture of your sim
- View pregnancy daily goals- head back to the pregnancy event tab
Daily goals have to be completed by the pregnant sim, no other sim can complete these goals. Your sim has 9 days of goals to complete, if you don’t complete all the goals each day you will go straight onto the next day and will not earn the baby bonus at the end of the event (keep reading for more information) but you can still earn maternity tokens used to buy maternity clothes and nursery furniture from the maternity store.
- View pregnancy support tasks- head back to the pregnancy event tab
Support tasks can be completed by any sim, you need to complete all support tasks within the 9 day time limit to earn the baby bonus
- View baby bonus- go back to the pregnancy event tab and click on the ‘i’ icon above the picture on the event tab
If you complete all the daily goals every day and all the support tasks you will earn bonuses for that baby, they will earn more experience points when they complete actions, complete actions faster, are not affected by low motives (low needs) and they will have these bonuses for life!
- Complete the pregnancy event
You need to complete all 9 days of daily goals and support tasks to earn the baby bonus, once the 9 days are up you will no longer get the baby bonus but you need to complete all the goals and tasks before the baby will be born (the time limit is just for the baby bonus) The 9 days symbolise a month a day so once you complete day 3 and start day 4 your sim will reach the 2nd trimester and their baby bump will appear, they will then start wearing the maternity clothes you brought earlier in this quest. Once you complete day 6 and start day 7 they will reach the 3rd trimester and their baby bump will get bigger
NOTE: I know I said in my video that appointments aren’t going to be in the update but I misunderstood when they told me appointments were going to be removed- they were talking about the aerobic and ultrasound appointments not the doctors appointment which is still available, sorry about that!
TIP: If you cannot afford the simoleons for the appointments select the LP option instead, this post may help if you need to earn some LP quickly!
Stuck on a daily goal or support task? Check out my list here that explains how to complete each goal!
If you don’t manage to complete this event in the time limit you will miss out on the baby bonus but the baby will still be born once all the daily goals and support tasks are complete- most of the goals are 3-4 hours long so unless you can play all day they aren’t easy to complete in time!
QUEST IS COMPLETE!
Pregnancy has now been unlocked on the crib, so you now have two pregnancy options:
- Pregnancy Event– you have 9 days to complete all the daily goals and support tasks to earn the baby bonus and maternity tokens, the baby will only be born once all the goals and tasks are complete!
- Pregnancy– takes 6 days but there are no daily goals or tasks to complete, your sim will just grow a baby bump and then give birth after the 6 days!
For more information on Pregnancy in The Sims Freeplay check out my Guide to Pregnancy